If you are contemplating a kitchen remodel, there are a lot of options available to you. It is easy to sink thousands of dollars into a high-end, custom remodels, and if you can afford to do this, then you should definitely go for it. If you are on a limited budget, then your options are more limited, and you must decide which items on your to-do list are essential. Whether you have thousands to spend or only a few hundred, the following article should be able to help you out, as it outlines the essentials of a kitchen remodel such as kitchen cabinets, that will not only leave your kitchen looking fantastic, but will leave your kitchen more functional and add value to your home if you ever choose to sell.
Essentials of a Kitchen Remodel
There are many things you can do to increase the functionality of your kitchen, open up space, and create a more updated, modern look. While the specifics of each kitchen remodel may vary, the essentials of each kitchen remodel are the same. The following list outlines those essentials to ensure that you get the most out of your remodel job:
• Sleek flooring: New flooring is a great way to update your kitchen. Get rid of linoleum flooring or dingy tile and replace it with more modern tile or wood flooring. Regardless of your budget, there is a type of flooring out there that will update your kitchen within your price range.
• An open floor plan: If your kitchen is closed off, you absolutely must open up space. Everyone loves an open floor plan, and the more open you can make your kitchen, the more functional and comfortable you will be making the most used room in your house.
• Room to work: Since the kitchen is the most used room in your house and must be functional as well as attractive, it is very important that you have room to work in your kitchen, as that is what space is ultimately there for. If you don’t have enough counter space, find ways to create more, such as knocking out walls to extend the worktops, or by installing an island. In addition, if the floor plan is open, space will feel more comfortable regardless of limited counter space. Find out more about kitchen worktops at kitchens-sale.co.uk
• Beautiful countertops: Whenever possible, invest in granite or other types of high-end countertop materials. If this is not within your budget, there are cheaper options available that will still update the look of your kitchen, such as modern-looking laminates and tiles.
• Energy-efficient appliances: Nothing completes the look of a kitchen remodels better than updated, energy efficient appliances. The current trend is to go stainless steel, but even if you cannot afford this, you can still have energy efficient appliances that look great and have a lower price tag.
• Updated, modern cabinets: Not everyone can afford a custom cabinet job, but there is no denying the value and beauty of updated, modern kitchen cabinets. You can spend thousands of pounds hiring a craftsman to create custom cabinetry for your kitchen, or you can simply DIY your way to an updated look. A fresh coat of paint always revitalizes dingy, worn out cabinets. New hardware completes the look. If your cabinets are simply way too worn or old-fashioned to be brought back to life, consider purchasing new door fronts and keeping the old boxes to save money. If this is not an option, consider purchasing prefab cabinets that look great but are much less expensive than custom cabinetry. Regardless of the route, you take in updating your cabinets, this aspect of a kitchen remodel is absolutely essential.